EMPOWERMENT PLUS Social Care and Youth Workers.
EMPOWERMENT Plus is looking to recruit qualified social care, youth workers and or candidates who have qualifications in a related field. We are looking to increase our current staff base to continue to meet the demands of the child protection, disability, and aftercare sectors/areas/services needed in Ireland. The organisation is seeking candidates from across all geographical areas of Ireland as we continue to expand and diversify our services nationwide.
About Empowerment Plus
EMPOWERMENT Plus is a non-profit organisation with registered charity status which works with children, young people and families who are at risk within their home or community. At Empowerment Plus we are committed to supporting young people and families who find themselves in high-risk situations, and we believe that given the right help, the family is the natural environment for the care and upbringing of children. Empowerment Plus work on a referral basis with TUSLA, Health Service Executive, disability services, domestic violence services and other related stakeholders.
National Office: Unit 2, Brosna Bridge House, Pearse Street, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
24/7 On Call: 086 7710099
The position requires a high degree of understanding and commitment to working with individuals and families that are at risk. The work is primarily focused on the child protection, disability, and aftercare areas and involves lone working with families and individuals in the community, as well as working within a staff team.
Work within Empowerment Plus includes:
- Providing 1:1 support to young people in the community
- Working with young people & adults with disabilities to promote & support independent living
- Working with foster families to prevent placement breakdowns
- Family support work to prevent children being received into care
- Aftercare support – working with young adults to support their transition from foster or residential care to independent living
- Supervising access visits between children in care and their parents and/or siblings
- Contributing to Child in Care Reviews, Access Review Meetings & Court hearings as requested by TUSLA
- Providing emergency support for children & young people with no placement
The candidate must be able to use a rights-based approach in their work and they must be committed to providing the highest level of service, care, protection and support for individuals and families at risk. Report writing & recording is an essential aspect of the role as is ensuring the voice of the child is heard.
Previous experience of working with young people and families at risk is beneficial but not essential. New graduates will be facilitated and supported in building up their experience over time and at an appropriate level.
Own transport is essential along with up-to-date licence. Applicants who are successful will have to cover the costs of indemnification of Empowerment Plus on their insurance policy.
Applicants must supply suitable references and be prepared to complete a Garda vetting application form.
Qualifications / Experience
- Level 7 Degree in social care/youth work is essential or equivalent in a related field.
- Experience is desired but not essential.
Own Transport and full clean driving licence required.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours – including evenings, nights & weekends.
- Knowledge of child protection issues and relevant legislation.
- Certified in Children’s First.
- Understanding of complex needs of families and individuals at risk
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours and relevant training is preferred.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & travel allowance – €17.24 per hour – Civil Service travel rates
- Induction training
- Continuing professional development
- Regular formal supervision
- Ongoing internal opportunities
- 24/7 on call support from area managers
- 24/7 access to Employment Assistance Scheme
Please forward your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Further information available on application.
Empowerment Plus is a Youth, Family & Community Support Service with Charitable Status.
Empowerment Plus is an Equal Opportunities Employer.